I am embarrassed to say that despite selling Herbivore Botanical's Pink Clay Mask, I had never made the time to actually try it! As a part of my SLOWING IT DOWN regimine, I purchased the mask for myself and made it a priority. It truly felt like a gift to myself, not just because I was slathering a moisture-filled mask on my face, also because I was doing something nice....for ME.
For those of you who know me, I really do not like to be in front of the camera, or in any sort of the limelight at all! That being said, I've been trying to do things outside of my comfort zone, so I took a few photos for the sake of this post....eek.
Now, back to business! I'd love to share just how easy the mask is to use and why I love it. I recommend to prepare the mask prior to your shower, or otherwise when you have an extra five minutes. I poured about a Tablespoon of mask powder into a small bowl and had more than enough for my face and neck. Add drops of water into your bowl until the mixture is moistened. Use your finger to spread the mask over your skin using upward circular motions. Allow the mask to dry for about three minutes. Rinse mask from skin and pat your face dry.
Top six things I loved about the mask were:
- I presumed this would be a 20-30 minute regime, but all in all it took 5 minutes!
- The mask is very gentle and can be used as often as needed
- The mask washed off so easily and left my skin supple and dare I say, glowing?!
- Very little powder is needed, making this a very long lasting product
- I envision facial masks to make users look like ghosts, but this one looks very similar to the color of my skin (I am a pasty caucasian)
- I love knowing American workers are making this product, 75% of which is sourced from USA materials
Taking time out for yourself, even if it is only 20 minutes can seem daunting, especially to working parents, single busy working people with long hours, or really anyone trying to make ends meet or live a balanced, full life in this day and age. What have you done for yourself lately?
Shop Pink Clay Mask Now!
Our current mood as of late...
Have you listened to any of the Podcasts on our list?
What's on your Summer Reading List?