Do you care about sustainable fashion? Are you available June 6-9th?
FIT hosts an annual conference on sustainable fashion and textiles, where Sass Brown has spent the past year organizing top notch speakers, panels and hands on workshops revolving around Systems Disruption.
There will be an opportunity to be a part of:
- Presentations + Panels
- African Artisanship by Simone Cipriani of the Ethical Fashion Initiative
- Artisan Economy with Peggy Clark of the Artisan Alliance, Rebecca van Bergen of Nest and Matthew Scanlan of Naadam*
- American Craftsmanship with Jason Ross of Artemas Quibble, Terry from Terry Buck Weave Design, Scott Morrison of 3x1*
- Challenging the System with Tara St. James of Study NY, Stefan Siegel of Not Just a Label, Dr. James Gifford of Tau Investment Management and William Reinisch FIT's Chair of Entrepreneurship*
- Cultural Appropriation with Oskar Metsavaht of Osklen and Jessica Metcalfe Author of Beyond Buckskin*
- Transparency with Kavita Parvar of The IOU Project, Ruth Spencer of Sourcemap and MeiLin Wan of Applied DNA Sciences*
- Indigo with Sarah Bellos of Stony Creek Colors, Rowland Ricketts III of Ricketts Indigo, Sayaka Toyama and Kenta Watanabe of Buaisou Brooklyn*
- Recycled Materials with Giusy Bettoni of C.L.A.S.S. and Jennifer Gilbert of I:Collect USA*
- Sustainable Denim with Andrew Olah of Olah, Inc, Kara Nicholas of Cone Denim and Alberto Candiani of Candiani Mills*
- Future Materials with Suzanne Lee of Modern Meadow, Amanda Parkes of Manufacture New York and Daniel Grushkin of Genspace*
- Indigo Boro Mindful Repair by Kenta Watanabe and Sayaka Toyama
- Nuno Felting by Yukako Satone
- Iron and Plant Printing by Susanne Goetz
- Upcycled Wovens by Nomi Dale Kleinman
- Designing for Circular Textile Speeds by Rebecca Earley
- Indigo Dye by Rowland Ricketts III, Liz Spencer and Ajoy Sarkar
- Growing Textiles with Sasha Wright and Theanne Schiros, FIT Professors
I was planning to list only the most interesting events, but when I highlighted 90% of the talks and panels (items * above), I decided to share the entire list of events ;) For the actual schedule, click here.
Click here to read Sass Brown's Interview
For our Local and Sustainability Summer Reading List, Click here